From: JD <jdangler@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] new install - X fails
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 23:58:10
1 Just got a D420 laptop and wanted to setup gentoo...
2 Booted from cd, got to the OpenGL start, and X fails ...
3
4 On looking at the details dialog, I find
5 Dlopen: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libGLcore.so: undefined symbol:
6 (EE) Failed to load /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libGLcore.so
7 (EE) Failed to load module "GLcore" (loader failed, 7)
8
9 In the X details dialog, other than the mouse error, and (what seems like)
10 all of the fonts being invalid (Info and Warnings)
11 The last line says:
12 (EE) No devices detected.
13 Fatal server error:
14 No screens found
15
16 The display (according to lspci) is Intel Mobile 945GM/GMS/940GML Express.
17
18 Do I need to customize the xorg.conf file to get the install to work?
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list