From: Ricardo Saffi Marques <saffi@××××××××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] RAM upgrade, kernel and swap
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 14:23:11
1 On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
2
3 > On Donnerstag, 24. Januar 2008, Ricardo Saffi Marques wrote:
4 >> That's the problem. For one thing to work, you have to sacrify other(s).
5 >
6 > and AFAIR the option won't help you, if your maiboards bios maps pci-space at
7 > the 3,6GB-4GB range.
8 > --
9 > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
12 You're absolutely right about that. My machines as 64-bits and I don't
13 even have that ammount of RAM, but I disable that bios option, anyway.
16 Ricardo Saffi Marques
17 Laboratório de Administração e Segurança de Sistemas (LAS/IC)
18 Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
19 Cell: +55 (19) 8128-0435
20 Skype: ricardo_saffi_marques
21 Website: http://www.rsaffi.com