From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Does this drive need a funeral?
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 15:34:57
1 Lorenzo Bandieri wrote:
2 >> OK. For those that have never seen this before, here is what messages looks
3 >> like when a hard drive is going belly up:
4 > (...)
5 >> So, if you see things like this in your log file, rescue data real soon.
6 >> Make a note of this since this could happen on your rig one day.
7 >>
8 > Thanks, Dale. Actually I've never experienced an hard drive failure,
9 > but your thread made me want to do one as soon as possible :D
10 >
11 > (Besides that, "is going belly up" made me burst out laughing)
12 >
13 > Lorenzo
17 Well, I live in the sticks. I see opossums and especially armadillos
18 belly up all the time. They look like those animal balloons. lol
19 Their little feet stuck up in the air and all. If you ever run across
20 one of those, do NOT poke it with a stick. It can be bad real fast.
21
22 I just wish hard drives were as tough as the armadillos tho.
23
24 Dale
25