From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Multilib help
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2018 07:26:10
1 On 4 July 2018 at 08:31, James Stevenson <james.al.stevenson@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > The easiest way to fix this issue is to figure out which libraries you need
3 > and then stipulate that you want the x86_32 version of that package in your
4 > accept_keywords file. Check the Gentoo wiki for the software you are trying
5 > to run for hints on what libraries you need.
6
7 This won't work, keywords are for accepting unstable packages, or
8 unkeyworded packages in your tree, they don't make a package 32-bit on
9 a 64-bit system.
10
11 This is what the USE_EXPAND variable ABI_X86 is for.
12
13 I agree that you should figure out which libraries you need in 32-bit
14 versions, but then you should add them to your package.use file or
15 directory.
16
17 An example: I have a file /etc/portage/package.use/abix86 where I put
18 lines like these for packages I need installed in a 32-bit flavour (in
19 addition to the 64-bit my normal system uses):
20
21 dev-db/sqlite abi_x86_32
22 dev-libs/glib abi_x86_32
23 etc...