From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] bash stopped running python scripts...
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 20:57:37
1 I dunno what I did, but I've managed to break python shell scripts,
2 which of course is playing havoc with portage. Bash no longer wants to
3 execute the scripts with python as the interpreter, but insists on
4 executing them as bash scripts. Python itself is still functioning
5 properly, when invoked directly. Since I happen to have ImageMagick on
6 this machine, the result is this:
7
8 kutulu@apollo ~ $ cat test.py
9 #!/usr/bin/python
10 import sys
11 print "Python Ok."
12 kutulu@apollo ~ $ ./test.py
13 X connection to localhost:11.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
14 ./test.py: line 3: print: command not found
15 kutulu@apollo ~ $ python ./test.py
16 Python Ok.
17 kutulu@apollo ~ $
18
19 Perl and Tcl both still work as expected, and by invoking python
20 directly I can still get portage to merge things. For example:
21
22 root@apollo ~ $ python -O /usr/lib/portage/bin/ebuild
23 /usr/portage/dev-lang/python/python-2.6.2-r1.ebuild install
24
25 will re-merge python successfully, which I have now done for both python
26 and bash, to no effect.
27
28 Any ideas?
29