From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: kaudiocreator still giving me fits - added info
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 00:49:23
1 On 6/24/06, Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > kaudiocreator is not working as expected. The only thing that I can
3 > think of is that I don't have some setting correct and I'm darned if I
4 > can figure out what it is.
5 >
6 > Jun 23 22:04:15 localhost hdc: status timeout: status=0x80 { Busy }
7 > Jun 23 22:04:15 localhost ide: failed opcode was: unknown
8 > Jun 23 22:04:15 localhost hdc: DMA disabled
9
10 If there is an incorrect setting, it would have to be in the kernel.
11 But I don't think it is very likely to be a problem with grip or
12 kaudiocreator.
13
14 Can you tell us more about what your hardware configuration is like
15 (other IDE disks, master/slave settings, any SATA drives, etc)?
16
17 Have you checked that the cables inside the computer are secure?
18 Could they have been damaged in any way?
19
20 -Richard
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list