From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Providing virtual dependency net
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 05:37:29
1 Let me just say that I don't have rc_net_wlan0_provide="net" in /etc/rc.conf
2
3 > on any of the 8 Gentoo boxen running on this LAN atm. And "rc-status | grep
4 > sshd" reports "sshd [started]" on every one of them. Two are using wifi
5 > and
6 > therefore wlan0; the other 6 are wired and use eth{0,1,2}.
7 >
8 > What have you done so far?
9 >
10 > Tell us about your setup. Is net.eth0 and/or net.wlan0 and/or sshd started
11 > with your services?
12 >
13 > rc-status | grep net
14 > rc-status | grep sshd
17 Sorry about the top posting - I need to be more careful with the new gmail
18 interface.
19
20 My system has both wlan0 and eth0 - do any of your systems have both? It
21 also has a bunch of vmnet interfaces.
22
23 sphinx adam # rc-status | egrep '(net|sshd)'
24 netmount [
25 started ]
26 net.eth0 [
27 inactive ]