From: Nick Smith <nick.smith79@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] virtual cdroms in linux
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 16:34:33
1 On 3/1/06, Uwe Klosa <uwe.klosa@×××××.se> wrote:
2 > You don't have to mount it for the use with vmware. Update your vmx file with the following:
3 >
4 > ide1:0.fileName = "changeme.iso"
5 > ide1:0.deviceType = "cdrom-image"
6 >
7 > Cheers
8 > Uwe
9 >
10 > Nick Smith wrote:
11 > > does anyone know how to make a virtual cdrom in linux? kinda like
12 > > daemon tools for windows? i have my iso mounted as /mnt/iso but vmware
13 > > keeps complaining that i cant use a directory as an iso. i know
14 > > vmware can use iso's as cdroms, but in this instance i cant use
15 > > vmware, i have to mount it some other way and just tell vmware its a
16 > > cdrom drive. any suggestions?
17 > >
18 > > TIA
19 > > Nick
24 wouldnt that be the same as just telling vmware in the software itself
25 to use the that iso image? i cant use vmware's virtual cdrom for this
26 project, it gives me errors on boot, i need to find a way to have it
27 mounted some other way like daemontools for windows. i have tried
28 just mounting the iso as a cdrom in folder /media/cdrom and other
29 places, but vmware complains that you cant use a folder like that. so
30 im kinda out of ideas. can it even be done?
31
32 Nick
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list