From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /dev/sr0 has disappeared: solved
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 07:48:57
1 Am Sonntag, 17. Mai 2009 09:18:52 schrieb Philip Webb:
2 > > However, I can't even find it in menuconfig.
3 > >
4 > >> # CONFIG_CHR_DEV_SG is not set
5 > >
6 > > As written before: No SG, no write (to CD).
7 >
8 > No, I didn't have it in 2.6.25 & have just blanked a CD without it.
9 > The kernel help recommends 'No' unless you have a special reason.
10
11 With the special reasons listet in the very first lines:
12
13 "If you want to use SCSI scanners, synthesizers or CD-writers or just about
14 anything having "SCSI" in its name other than hard disks, CD-ROMs or tapes,
15 say Y here."
16
17 Bye...
18