From: Gerhard Hoogterp <gerhard@×××××××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mediamanager tries to open wrong path
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 22:00:29
1 > pmount.allow only specifies which devices may be automounted.
2 > When mounting, pmount gets the name from either the disk's volume name or
3 > the
4 > device. Does your camera use a removable memory card? If so, try putting
5 > it in a card reader and setting the volume name with mkdosfs or mtools.
6 > My camera formats the card with a volume name of CANON_EOS, so it is
7 > mounted at /media/CANON_EOS.
8
9 Well it does, but it does feel a bit of an ugly hack to have to label all my
10 cards "camera" just to get hal/kded to behave. Besides, the card isn't the
11 camera.. so even on a logical level it's wacky..
12
13 Anyhow, guess it's the best for now.
14
15 Thanks!