From: "J.S." <j.s.denova@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gnome gets stuck on "opening file" or "browsing"
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 13:11:50
1 Hi!
2
3 I use gnome 2.16.2 stable but I have a little problem while using some
4 apps. The problem starts in just some applications when I am triying to
5 "Open file" or "Browse" ( actually browsing folders ) , the effect is
6 that the program gets stuck waiting for the "browse window" to open.
7 I've seen this effect in VmWare or Cedega Transgaming, among others. If
8 I use the same program and do the same thing with KDE or XFCE it works
9 well, but since Gnome is my prefered desktop, I find it very frustrating
10 to restart X and change desktop every time I need these apps.
13 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list