From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Introduce Manual manipulation during an emerge
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 13:58:24
1 "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Is there a reason to use i486 stage3? I think an i686 one might have
4 > been available and a better hit if your system is/was set up as an i686
5 > before this? Well, not that it counts now, gotta go with what you have
6 > unpacked.
7
8 Looking at those stages again... it is not apparent in any way that I
9 should have gotten something besides x86.
10
11 I see there is an i686. But apparently I was to slow to figure out
12 that I needed it.
13
14 Thanks ... I'm working thru the CHOST doc now.