From: Mike <mike@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] AutoFS with LDAP
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 14:13:11
1 Folks,
2
3 Has anyone used AutoFS with the automounter information coming from
4 LDAP?
5
6 I have a LDAP server with the necessary maps setup. I have a number of
7 LDAP clients on Debian successfully using this. However, I cannot get
8 this to work with Gentoo. When I try to start autofs I get a message
9 saying "failed". I have also tried starting by handing using the
10 automount command that is running on my Debian box, however, it just
11 exits. The /usr/lib/autofs/autofs-ldap-auto-master returns the correct
12 information. However, automounter will not start.
13
14 Mike.