From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge @world output unfamiliar. Am I updated?
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2020 12:43:31
1 On 10/02/20 12:40, John Covici wrote:
2 >
3 > Did you actually do the emerge i.e. answer the question at the end
4 > about do you wish to emerge these packages?
5
6 :-)
7 The first time I ran my script, I wondered if I'd actually indeed forget
8 to simply accept like you  said, and ran it again ...
12 > Also, I would not get quite so much detail in your output by emering
13 > like this:
14 > script -c "emerge --update --deep --changed-use --with-bdeps=y
15 > --keep-going --backtrack=500 --verbose-conflicts world"
16 > /usr/src/world_update.txt
17 >
18 > I always like to use a script because I like to look at output before
19 > emerging.
22 Thanks for the tip about the -c option ... I also use script(1) for the
23 reason you point out, but using the -c option saves a step.