From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] removing X
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 13:12:20
1 On Monday 24 December 2007 18:31:16 reader@×××××××.com wrote:
2 > I'm attempting to remove X from a former desktop machine now going to
3 > see action as a semi-DMZ.
4 >
5 > What is the best way to go about removing X and all its files.
6 >
7 > Removing the basic x11-base/xorg-x11 is easy enough but there appears
8 > to be dozens of other X related pkgs installed.
9 > x11-proto/* has apparently dozens of relatives installed.
10 >
11 > emerge does not appear to accept globbing or maybe I'm just doing it
12 > wrong.
13
14 Yeah, emerge does not accept globbing. bash does though so you could just cd
15 to /var/db/pkg and take advantage of that.
16
17 For paludis users there are arguments to help with this kind of thing. :)
18
19 Uninstall options
20 Options which are relevant for --uninstall.
21
22 --with-unused-dependencies (--no-with-unused-dependencies)
23 Also uninstall any dependencies of the target that are no longer
24 used
25
26 --with-dependencies (--no-with-dependencies)
27 Also uninstall packages that depend upon the target
28
29 Also paludis' equivalent for --depclean (--uninstall-unused) doesn't require
30 you to upgrade everything. ;)
33 Bo Andresen