From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ethernet dont use kernel module
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2014 06:12:29
1 On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 12:08 AM, Facundo Curti <facu.curti@×××××.com> wrote:
2 [snip]
3 > Sorry about top posting, My bad. Gmail jaja. I need to find a email client
4 > :P
5
6 No prob.
7
8 > Thank you for help. I'm trying to install firmware as you sugest. But now I
9 > have the problem, when I do modprobe r8168 it says:
10 >
11 > Error: Could not insert 'r8168': Function not implemented
12
13 If I'm reading your kernel config correctly, you cannot modprobe
14 r8168; you have it compiled in the kernel. If you set it up as a
15 module (CONFIG_R8169=m), then I don't understand the "Function not
16 implemented" message.
17
18 Regards.
19 --