From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No server profile anymore???
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 17:44:07
1 Jarry wrote:
2 > Hi gentoo-users,
3 >
4 > today after syncing portage tree I tried to update my system,
5 > but I was "greeted" with message:
6 >
7 > !!! Your current profile is deprecated and not supported anymore.
8 > !!! Use eselect profile to update your profile.
9 > !!! Please upgrade to the following profile if possible:
10 > default/linux/amd64/13.0
11 >
12 > So I reverted to previous snapshot just to see what I had before
13 > ("eselect profile list" did not show any selected). Till today
14 > I had "default/linux/amd64/10.0/server". To my big surprise,
15 > there is no "server" profile for "default/linux/amd64/13.0".
16 >
17 > So is server-profile not suported anymore??? I hope devs had
18 > good reason for this, but anyway a change like *this* should
19 > definitely be communicated with users in advance...
20 >
21 > Right now I'm not sure if Gentoo is not supported for server
22 > at all or "13.0" is substitution for "10.0/server". But before
23 > there were pure "10.0" and "10.0/server" profiles. So it seems
24 > to me server profile was simply removed without any substitution.
25 >
26 > Jarry
30 From my understanding of the devs on -dev, the base profile is the
31 server profile now. So select a base profile and carry on.
32
33 [10] default/linux/amd64/13.0
34
35 That one should work.
36
37 Dale
38
42 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!