From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Monolingual Dictionary
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 18:36:33
1 070131 Jakob Buchgraber wrote:
2 > Is there any monolingual dictionary available for (Gentoo) Linux?
3 > I am looking for an English to English dictionary.
4
5 Firefox offers the on-line Merriam-Webster by default (under Google box):
6 it's quite good with various senses & their etymologies etc.
7 I also have a bookmark for http://dictionary.reference.com/ ,
8 which has a search box & many links to other dictionaries etc.
9
10 The authoritative English dictionary is the Oxford,
11 which you can buy on CD or DVD (I have access via U Toronto).
15 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
16 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
17 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list