From: "Anthony E. Caudel" <tony.caudel@×××××××××.net>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Depclean question
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 21:09:55
1 I have just used depclean for the first time (I was afraid of it) after
2 several years of Gentoo. It has cleaned up my system a good bit but now
3 it wants to remove some packages that I'm concerned about:
4
5 gcc-3.4.6-r2 (I'm using 4.1.2)
6 libstdc++-v3-3.3.4 and virtual/libstdc++
7 virtual/jdk and virual/jre (it leaves the later versions in both cases)
8 qt-4.1.4-r2 (leaving qt-3.3.8-r4)
9 several early versions of db leaving db-4.5.20_p2
10 and a few others
11
12 How much danger is there if I remove these?
13
14 Tony
17 Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
18 -- Benjamin Franklin
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list