From: Juho Rosqvist <juho.rosqvist@×××××.fi>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mutt and CC%CC$CC6 characters
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 23:48:15
1 OK, I solved the problem.
2
3 For the record: it's worth checking whether the problem persists with a
4 near-empty muttrc. It did not, so I went through the rc file with a fine
5 comb once again. The culprit turned out to be this line:
6
7 set meta_key = yes
8
9 Unsetting the variable removes the problem. In hindsight, it's pretty
10 obvious, as explained by the Mutt manual:
11
12 --- quote ---
13 meta_key
14 Type: boolean
15 Default: no
16 If set, forces Mutt to interpret keystrokes with the high bit (bit 8) set
17 as if the user had pressed the ESC key and whatever key remains after having
18 the high bit removed. For example, if the key pressed has an ASCII value of
19 0xf4, then this is treated as if the user had pressed ESC then ``x''. This is
20 because the result of removing the high bit from ``0xf4'' is ``0x74'', which
21 is the ASCII character ``x''.
22 --- end quote ---
23
24 Thank you for pushing me towards the solution. I might have switched to
25 a mail client that 'sucks more' without your support ;-)
26
27 Regards, Juho
30 When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however
31 improbable, must be the truth. -- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list