From: Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] =|
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2018 20:42:30
1 Look, this system was installed when I went 64 bit back in 2010...
2
3 I put a great deal more work than I should into keeping it running.
4
5 I use Eclean-dist every time to purge dead packages. I've learned that
6 this is a very important step, often more important than the actual
7 update step...
8
9 I just went through my use flags and removed about a dozen of them that
10 have since been deprecated...
11
12 My package.mask and package.use are both very minimal. I run
13 emptytree-world on every significant compiler upgrade.
14
15 I'm running an emptytree world today because the system has been through
16 a lot of torture over the past week.
17
18 If there is anything "janky" or hacky in my setup it's for exactly one
19 reason: It was the first solution I found to a real actual problem I was
20 dealing with at the time after up to two weeks of desperately searching.
21 I take great offence to anyone who tells me that it's MY fault. =|
26 Please report bounces from this address to atg@×××××××××.com
27
28 Powers are not rights.