From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Question for users of the Firefox browser
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 16:35:53
1 On Mon, 18 May 2015 09:07:34 +0300
2 Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Mon, 18 May 2015 06:26:31 +0100 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
5 > wrote:
6 >
7 > > On Monday 18 May 2015 02:56:43 Daniel Frey wrote:
8
9 > > > I usually use Alt+D on the keyboard, it moves the caret to the
10 > > > location bar and highlights its text, and I just checked, it
11 > > > doesn't touch the clipboard.
12 > >
13 > > Useful tip! I didn't know about Alt+D, thanks for sharing. :-)
14 >
15 > The same does Ctrl-L.
16
17 ctrl+k does the same thing for the search box. (And if the search box
18 is hidden in your UI, ctrl+k opens about:home and puts the carat in its
19 search box.)
20
21 For browsers a lot of things are mousey, but for inherently type-y
22 things, I really like the keyboard shortcuts. All (or most) Fx ones are
23 listed at
24 <https://support.mozilla.org/kb/keyboard-shortcuts-perform-firefox-tasks-quickly>.