From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE-4.1 apps render slowly
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 19:03:46
1 On Saturday 09 August 2008 20:40:20 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 > > Also the 7300 is a bad example - it is a very slow card.
4 >
5 > Not really. It's at least 5 times as powerful as my old Matrox Mystique
6 > from the year 1995 (I think). But the Matrox is faster with 2D.
7 >
8 > It's not the hardware that is slow. Quire the contrary. It's the
9 > drivers that are totally borked. All I can say is stop buying NVidia
10 > and ATI junk.
11
12 I wanted to do that. Until I looked at my options:
13
14 Onboard Intel
15 1280X800
16
17 My last Dell D830 at my last job had that. It drove me psychotic. So I had a
18 tough choice:
19
20 Be mostly free
21 Be mostly insane