From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel 4.x and (probably) event issues
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 00:00:41
1 > 1. After successful boot, I've noticed, that buttons above the
2 > touchpad[1] stopped working. Tried to debug the thing, but they do
3 > nothing even under xev or in showkey - seems like they dead. Didn't find
4 > anything interesting by searching the net.
7 Longshot (since i've had one instance in the last few years where i need to
8 rebuild xorg after a kernel update) have you tried rebuilding the
9 xf86-input-* packages against the new kernel?
12 > 2. This one is more annoying. After boot to the new shiny 4.x kernel,
13 > devices connected via the usb seems to have aggressive power safe mode.
14 > For example - if I typing for a while everything is fine, if I stop for
15 > a couple of seconds, and then start to type, for approximately 2 seconds
16 > there is no response from the device, and after that i can type again.
17 > Note, that during those 2s no buffering is done, so whatever I'm typing
18 > in this short period, is lost. Same goes to the mouse movement and
19 > buttons.
22 I haven't had much luck with USB power saving working in a useful way and
23 leave it off. Strange its been enabled by default for you.
24
25 cat /sys/bus/usb/devices/*/power/control will show you what the current
26 settings are.
27
28 The options are on/auto.
29
30 "on" means that the device should be resumed and autosuspend is not allowed.
31
32 so that's what you want. It can blanket set with;
33
34 echo on | tee /sys/bus/usb/devices/*/power/control
35
36 Or you could work out which devices are actually a problem and just "on"
37 those particular ones.