From: Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev@×××××××.net>
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: governors (was: Is cpufrequtils needed these days?)
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 23:29:37
1 On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 07:52:02PM +0100, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sonntag 28 Februar 2010, Mick wrote:
4 >
5 > > or is the kernel itself clever enough to manage the hardware directly
6 > > these days?
7 >
8 > yes, it is. Just use the ondemand governor.
9
10 I've noticed what looks like some work overloads using the ondemand
11 governor. I'm pretty sure it is normal but I can see (user feeling) when
12 the system loads the processor by intermittence. It is visible on some
13 compilations tasks and when playing flash videos and compared to the
14 performance governor. I'm still runing a 2.6.26 kernel.
15
16 Just a user back report.
19 Nicolas Sebrecht