From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] telnet localhost
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 08:32:28
1 THUFIR HAWAT wrote:
2 > On 3/27/06, Matt Richards <matt@×××××××××.net> wrote:
3 >> > THUFIR HAWAT wrote:
4 >> >
5 >> >> Why can I not telnet to my own localhost?
6 >> >
7 >> > Is leafnode enabled? Or is it still disabled?
8 >> >
9 >> > Check your xinetd configuration.
10 >
11 > I think it's enabled, see below.
12
13 Yes, it is, you're right. What's showing up in the logs?
16 > thufir@localhost ~ $ netstat -an | grep nntp
17
18 Of course not. Reading the man pages might help...
19
20 -n will not do any name resolving. So, do:
21
22 netstat -an | grep 119
23
24 > Is it a problem with the FQDN? On re-reading the FAQ, I changed the
25 > hostname as I don't own gmail.com, but I *do* have an account with
26 > gmail, so...
27
28 so... what? You're still not allowed to use gmail.com as the
29 hostname part of your MID.
30
31 > Most of what's been written in reply goes over my head.
32
33 Well, there are howtos out there. And there's professional,
34 paid-for help.
35
36 Alexander Skwar
37 --
38 BOFH Excuse #451:
39
40 astropneumatic oscillations in the water-cooling
41 --
42 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list