From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mount Android phone on Gentoo - Transport endpoint is not connected
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2018 10:50:28
1 On Saturday, 6 October 2018 11:14:55 BST Poncho wrote:
2 > On 05.10.18 20:30, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 > > I'm trying to access my android phone via Linux.
4 > > Installed: emerge -avq sys-fs/mtpfs
5 > >
6 > > cat /etc/fuse.conf
7 > > ...
8 > > user_allow_other
9 > >
10 > > $ mkdir ~/AndroidDevice
11 > >
12 > > mtpfs ~/AndroidDevice
13 > > Device 0 (VID=22b8 and PID=2e76) is a Motorola Moto G (ID1).
14 > > Android device detected, assigning default bug flags
15 > >
16 > > ls -al AndroidDevice
17 > > ls: cannot access 'AndroidDevice': Transport endpoint is not connected
18 >
19 > I can access my phone with gnome-base/gvfs[mtp] without issues.
20 > Depending on your desktop environment, you might have gvfs installed
21 > already.
22
23 This may be a bit off-topic, but I noticed a recent smart TV Android firmware
24 update "removed the media sharing functionality (MTP)". Does this mean MTP is
25 being deprecated? What will replace it?
28 Regards,
29 Mick