From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] QT versions
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 01:08:17
1 Justin Findlay wrote:
2 > On AD 2008 July 30 Wednesday 07:25:03 PM -0400, Daniel D Jones wrote:
3 >
4 >> Is it safe to remove QT3 from the system now? It seems like at one point that
5 >> there were still packages in KDE that needed version 3 installed.
6 >>
7 >> I have both version 3 and 4 on the system. If I remove the qt3 use flag,
8 >> enable the qt4 use flag and do an emerge --newuse, can I then unmerge version
9 >> 3?
12 > Do all of that first and then check for qt3 dependencies with
13 >
14 > equery depends x11-libs/qt-3*
15 >
16 > or
17 >
18 > qdepends x11-libs/qt-3*
19 >
20 > equery is part of app-portage/gentoolkit and qdepends comes from
21 > app-portage/portage-utils. The q<action> commands are usually much
22 > faster than the equery <action> ones.
25 > Justin
30 Is the q commands any more accurate? Just checking. All for better tools.
31
32 Dale
33