From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE? Get me out of here!
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 23:25:30
1 On Wednesday 30 June 2010 01:16:44 Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > > Alex, have you tried turning off the Nepomuke service? I see in one of
3 > > your screenshots that you are having problems with it (segfaults).
4 >
5 > No. The screenshot was taken shortly after logging in, the log shows the
6 > Strigi crashes. So I turned off Strigi, but kept Nepomuk.
9 Correct.
12 Half of KDE4 stops working without nepomuk.
13
14 Like akonadi - no akonadi = no useable kontact
15
16 nepomukis very light on resources, strigi is the hog.
19 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com