From: Aljosha Papsch <papsch.al@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Pulseaudio shuts off
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 16:30:19
1 Am Samstag, den 10.12.2011, 17:25 +0100 schrieb meino.cramer@×××.de:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > sorry for the nebelous subject...
5 >
6 > The following happened to me.
7 > I have installed/configured pulseaudio according to this
8 > for a one-person desktop gentoo-system:
9 > http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/PulseAudio
10 >
11 > When starting gwc (which is not in portage) and playing
12 > sounds, it works...once...
13 >
14 > After a while I here the same clicking sound, which happens
15 > while booting the system and alsa takes over...and thats it.
16 > I have to kill gwc.
17 >
18 > On the console gwc prints:
19 >
20 > Current stack limit: 8388608 bytes
21 > libsndfile Version: libsndfile-1.0.25 1 0 25
22 > socket(): Address family not supported by protocol
23 > Closing the Pulse audio device
24 >
25 > The last line appears when I press "stop audio playback", the clicking
26 > happes a few seconds later.
27 >
28 > After that...no go.
29 >
30 > I have appended /etc/pulse/default.pa at the end of this posting.
31 >
32 > Interestingly it is possible to successfully restart gwc.
33 >
34 > What can I do to fix this?
35 >
36 > Best regards,
37 > mcc
38
39 Guessing wildly from your message in the other thread, I suggest you try
40 compiling with alsa disabled. Maybe the alsa and pulseaudio interfaces
41 don't work well together in gwc on modern systems (you said gwc is quite
42 old)? I'm not familiar with gwc though.
43
44 Regards