From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New project in perl? {OT}
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2011 09:19:33
1 On Sunday 02 January 2011 01:17:09 kashani wrote:
2
3 > Unless the language you're familiar with is completely unsuitable, I'd
4 > say familiarity trumps language features.
5
6 I've been out of coding for too long to know much about modern languages
7 (so ignore me if you like), but I think this is exactly right.
8
9 Another language may have all the juicy, whiz-bang features you want for
10 your shiny new project, but if the team doesn't know it you can't use it
11 straight away, and you'll incur a substantial extra development cost.
14 Rgds
15 Peter. Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23.