From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: new thinkpad with Gentoo
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 22:45:20
1 I consider buying a new laptop in late 2014 ... taxes and stuff ...
2
3 I run 2 thinkpads here, each with 8 gigs of RAM and SSD inside:
4
5 L520 and X220 -> both still with Intel Core i-(5|7)-2xxx inside.
6
7 So far OK, but not up2date.
8
9 Considering a budget of ~1000 EUR maximum (more based on reason) ... do
10 you have any recommendation from practical experience?
11
12 I once had a Macbook Air (1st generation) with gentoo on it, it was nice
13 because it was slim and lightweight ... a similar device costs 2000
14 bucks up when I buy it new (Lenovo Thinkpads X... or X1 Carbon).
15
16 What I want to avoid is spending quite some money and getting basically
17 the same weight/size I already know with minor performance gain (which I
18 get used to within days anyway).
19
20 opinions appreciated!
21