From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Questions about optimal mplayer settings
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 22:38:19
1 On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 03:38:15PM +0100, Florian Philipp wrote
2
3 > > gl OpenGL
4 >
5 > Recommended. Should work okay without further tuning but offers a lot of
6 > them. Just play around.
7
8 [...deletia...]
9
10 > > 2) When I start up mplayer, the diagnostics include...
11 > > "MMX2 supported but disabled"
12 > >
13 > > There is no "mmx2" in the USE flags or in /proc/cpuinfo
16 > That should be USE="mmxext". No clue what's its name in cpuinfo but
17 > since you are running something newer than a P3 it should be a safe bet.
18
19 Thanks for the feedback.
22 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
23 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications