From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] alternatives to 2008.0 live-install CD
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 21:54:57
1 On Sonntag 31 Mai 2009, Maxim Wexler wrote:
2 > Hi group,
3 >
4 > I was intending to use the 2008.0 live-install CD as a chroot platform
5 > on a 900A EEE. Gentoo refers to the 2008.0 series as 'deprecated'. For
6 > good reason: there's no ppp, no atheros wifi or eth0 support, BUT it
7 > has lvm2 which I need. This makes it much more difficult, since I
8 > cannot even connect to the PC let alone dial out or connect
9 > wirelessly.
10 >
11 > Can somebody recommend an alternative, preferably non-debian; I have
12 > had no success with several versions of that particular OS. Support
13 > for my wireless hardware is included but attempts to connect always
14 > lead to IIRC "no persistent database" errors, even on completely
15 > insecure networks.
16 >
17 > Maxim.
18