From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Canon LBP7100Cn/LBP7110Cw printers
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 01:44:41
1 Hervé Guillemet <herve <at> guillemet.org> writes:
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > Canon LBP7100Cn/LBP7110Cw now have an official linux "support" from the
7 > manufacter with their driver Linux_UFRIILT_PrinterDriver_V100_us_EN.tar.gz .
8 > I have spent 2 days trying to make it work on gentoo, without success.
9 > Even people on Ubuntu, which is a distribution supposed to have been
10 > tested by Canon, fail to use it.
11 >
12 > Did someone meet some success printing on these printers from gentoo ?
13 > I can provide a preliminary ebuild if someone is interested.
17 Reading these posts may suggest a compiled solution as your remedy?
18 Naturally, you'll have to adjust what steps taken to your gentoo environment.
19
20 http://radu.cotescu.com/how-to-install-canon-lbp-printers-in-ubuntu/
21
22 http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1315665