From: Dorin Scutarasu <dorin.scutarasu@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] package update quirck
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 09:20:39
1 Hi,
2
3 On Monday 22 January 2007 10:15, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
4 > Hmm.. Actually this is the exact reason `emerge -avuDN world` don't try to
5 > upgrade dbus. When you type `emerge -pv dbus` emerge does not check whether
6 > any packages in world or in your system requires a lower version or blocks
7 > dbus. It only checks whether there is an upgrade for dbus and upgrades it
8 > if there is.
9 >
10 > If you do that on your next `emerge -avuDN world` you will probably see
11 > portage pull in dev-libs/dbus-qt3-old because ( <sys-apps/dbus-0.90
12 >
13 > >=sys-apps/dbus-0.30 ) is no longer satisfied and dev-libs/dbus-qt3-old is
14 >
15 > listed first and hence preferred.
16 >
17 > :)
18
19 You're right Bo, that's exactly what happend after upgrading. I had looked in
20 that k3b ebuild but not knowing the syntax I didn't realise it needs either
21 dev-libs/dbus-qt3-old or <sys-apps/dbus-0.90.
22
23 Thanks a lot! :)
26 The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who
27 think.(Horace Walpole)
28 *
29 Dorin Scutarasu,
30 www.info.UAIC.ro