From: Mike Myers <fluffymikey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] anti-portage wreckage?
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 20:38:59
1 Oh, nice! Thanks for that info!
2
3 BTW, I was only referring to the profiles since it was the closest thing to
4 'releases' that Gentoo has. Whatever tool used to do it would be arbitrary
5 as long as it worked. Although, wouldn't it be easier to just mask major
6 updates in the profile? Like say >=application-4.1 when the profile is
7 using 3.0? That way the smaller updates for 'application 3.0' could get
8 through. This is assuming that a specific tree version is being used I
9 guess, but why would that be so hard?
10