From: Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Icelandic issues
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 12:10:11
1 No I did not have my money in a dodgy bank but I can no longer play Sigur Ros
2 albums. When the CD is ripped onto the HD the file names contain accented
3 characters and Amarok 2 says the directory/file does not exist. Formerly this
4 was possible, so I am guessing converting to KDE4 may have been the culprit.
5 My locale is set up thus:
6
7 $ locale
8 LANG=en_GB.utf8
9 LC_CTYPE="en_GB.utf8"
10 etc...
11
12 Dolphin shows file names like: Sigur Ros - 07 - Vi�rar Vel Til Loft�r�sa.mp3
13 When I use a browser I can see the special characters and can copy them to
14 this mail: Ágætis byrjun. I added "is" and some other things to LINGUAS and
15 re-installed kde-l10n but no accents. What is the trick with this?
16
17 TIA
18 -Robin
19 --
21 Robin Atwood.
22
23 "Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
24 Where there ain't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst"
25 from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling