From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: whats up with eselect-opengl?
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 18:35:45
1 <covici <at> ccs.covici.com> writes:
4 > Hi. In my latest world update, eselect-opengl had a new version with
5 > very bad consequences -- it uninstalled the X server, and all drivers
6 > were gone. I am using the nvidia drivers
7
8 I run lxde and a radeon card on amd64. Here is what I get:
9
10 # eselect opengl list
11 Available OpenGL implementations:
12 [1] xorg-x11 *
13
14 All seems to be fine. I do not use nvidia, so I cannot help there.
17 That said look in: /var/db/pkg/x11-base/*
18
19 to see what has changed. Your current issues are something else that
20 can be solved (more rapidly diagnosed) with a directed graph tool that is
21 talked about in the GLEP_64 thread an in a gentoo-dev thread from 8/30/2014.
22
23 diff the files and see what is different.
26 hth,
27 James