From: Ralph Slooten <axllent@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] MPD & Streaming ID3 tags
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 02:25:36
1 Hi guys & gals,
2
3 I must be missing something here, but for the life of me I cannot work
4 it out. I'm streaming radio channels off the internet with MPD (note: to
5 MPD, not from), but all I get is "Unknown" for artist/album info.
6
7 Playing the same channels with audacious displays them without a
8 problem, but MPD won't display the tags.
9
10 Anyone got any ideas? MPD plays the stream fine though, and has no
11 issues displaying tags of local files (ogg & mp3). MPD was compiled with
12 USE="alsa curl ffmpeg id3 lame mad mikmod ogg vorbis -aac
13 -ao -audiofile -debug -doc -flac -icecast -ipv6 -jack
14 -libsamplerate -musepack -oss -pulseaudio -unicode -wavpack -zeroconf"
15
16 What am I missing?
17
18 Cheers,