From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Error compiling portage after an Tcupdate
Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 07:50:06
1 If this comes through twice, I apologize. KMail crashed on me while I was
2 composing it.
3
4 On Friday 05 May 2006 08:40, "Thiago Lüttig" <tluttig@×××××.com> wrote
5 about '[gentoo-user] Error compiling portage after an Tcupdate':
6 > Hi, I'm trying compile the portage (2.0.54.1-r1) after made an tcupdate
7 > -t. The tcupdate seems to run ok, except the last compile of the
8 > portage. When i try to run emerge portage, i get this error message:
9
10 What's a tcupdate?
11
12 > gcc-config error: Could not run/locate "i586-pc-linux-gnu-gcc"
13 > error: command 'i586-pc-linux-gnu-gcc' failed with exit status 1
14
15 You probably have an invalid gcc profile set. Use gcc-config -l to get a
16 list of valid profiles then gcc-config followed by the number of the
17 profile you want to use.
20 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
21 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
22 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
23 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh