From: Ian Hastie <ianh@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] My movie clips have lost their colour
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 04:09:59
1 On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 19:47:56 +0800
2 William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au> wrote:
3
4 > Hi, Ive recently rebuilt a few things and Ive just noticed that my
5 > movies (the few clips that I have are mostly MS AFS and avi are all
6 > greyscale) have no colour! This occurs with xine and totem - mplayer
7 > is going through one of its always segfaulting stages so I cant tell
8 > if its related to this problem or not.
9 >
10 > The only apps I can think of that were relevant were win32codecs and
11 > ffmpeg which I am currently rebuilding but dont think will help. Any
12 > clues that may help welcome!
13
14 My immediate thought is that the colour settings for xv overlay have got
15 messed up. In xine have a look at the "xine Control Window". That
16 should enable you to make some sensible settings. If you don't mind a
17 text programme have a look at the output of xvinfo.
20 Ian.
21
22 EOM
23 --