From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HP scanner is no longer found
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 08:56:39
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 24 Mar 2014 02:04:08 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Oh, one hit I got said that error was a kernel bug. That was why I
5 >> upgraded, just in case. ;-) I also tried every USB port on this rig,
6 >> including ports that other devices work on. Still no joy.
7 >
8 > A kernel bug was my first thought, or a missing option after an upgrade.
9 > To eliminate software issues, I'd try booting from something like an
10 > Ubuntu or Mint live CD, if it still doesn't work it looks like a hardware
11 > problem.
12 >
13 > Do you have access to another computer you can try it in?
18 What about sysrescue USB stick? Just plug the scanner in and and see if
19 it shows up on the lsusb list? That should work even if I can't scan right?
20
21 I have a old backup computer but it is like three years out of date and
22 it was never set up to have a scanner attached. I'm thinking it would
23 be fairly useless without a serious update which would not be fun.
24
25 I have a thought. I could take it to my brothers and see if it shows up
26 there. He runs Kubuntu but if lsusb lists it, it is a start. Right?
27
28 Thanks.
29
30 Dale
31
35 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
36 how you interpreted my words!