From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: IcedTea-Web Plugin not working in firefox
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 18:56:15
1 Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk <at> gmail.com> writes:
2
3 > >>
4 I have had some weirdness. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not
5 and often it takes about 3-10 seconds for it to work. This is all
6 on seamonkey. I've noticed, just not gotten around to debugging.
7
8 > When trying to access a webpage that uses java applets, I found that the
9 > applets wouldn't load for me any more.I'm running:
10 > equery -q l '*tea*'dev-java/icedtea-bin-7.2.5.5
11 > dev-java/icedtea-sound-1.0.1
12 > dev-java/icedtea-web-1.5.1-r1
15 I have:
16
17 # equery -q l '*tea*'
18 dev-java/icedtea-7.2.5.3
19 dev-java/icedtea-bin-6.1.13.5
20 dev-java/icedtea-web-1.5.1-r1
23 eselect java-vm list
24 Available Java Virtual Machines:
25 [1]   icedtea-bin-7
26
27 system-vmfirefox -vMozilla Firefox 31.7.0The plugincheck URL shown below is
28 showing my IcedTea-Web Plugin as
29 unknown.https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/
32 Note, about 9 months ago, I hacked up my java setup quite a bit to
33 accomodate some java centric ebuilds for clustering. I got all the
34 clustering stuff working and normal browser stuff worked fine. The last
35 month or two, things have been on the decline for java support on gentoo,
36 as the new java devs are cleaning out quite a bit of cruft. So I have
37 mostly been avoiding working on java for a while. A poor decision but
38 it is what it is. My issue may not be typical for the average java-gentoo user.
39
40 I'd be most curious to learn how you configure your java environment.
41 I had to use icedtead from sources to get my hacked overlays (java centric)
42 happy with maven and many other java-centric requirements. Do post as
43 much deatail as you can on this.
46 TIA,
47 James