From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: gigabyte mobo latency
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 17:41:35
1 Am 20.10.2014 um 01:34 schrieb Rich Freeman:
2 > On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 5:45 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann
3 > <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 >> Am 19.10.2014 um 20:56 schrieb Rich Freeman:
5 >>> On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 12:41 PM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
6 >>> As far as docs go - what specifically is unclear? Systemd is rapidly
7 >>> evolving so things do get out of date, but for the most part stuff
8 >>> like this can be found in man systemd.exec and such. Lennart's series
9 >>> of blog posts on system administration using systemd is a very good
10 >>> place to start. -- Rich
11 >> and you are fine with that? That the package that becomes Pid1 is such
12 >> an unstable, ever involving mess that not even the docs are keeping up
13 >> with it?
14 > If I wasn't fine with it I'd hardly be running Gentoo. :) You just
15 > described half of the distro, though it isn't changing as rapidly as
16 > it used to.
17 >
18 > Most of the issues are in the init scripts, which technically aren't
19 > really part of systemd. It is fairly immature everywhere. If you
20 > want a really stable experience then you should probably stick with
21 > RHEL or Debian Stable. :)
22 >
23 >> You just gave me another reason not to use systemd.
24 >>
25 > Sounds like you didn't really need one. It is a free country - you're
26 > no more required to run systemd than any Gentoo developer is required
27 > to fix openrc init scripts or systemd units...
28 >
29 > --
30 > Rich
31 >
32 > .
35 you make that sound like a threat. But that does not work with me ;)
36
37 I have dealt with Slackware in the past. Had no probs back then, why
38 should I be scared now?