From: Jonathan Wright <mail@×××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: Web mail suggestions...
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 08:39:07
1 Alexander Skwar wrote:
2 >>Anybody out there able to point me to an existing open-source, solid
3 >>package?
4 >
5 > Horde
6
7 Actually, Horde is the framework, IMP is the Mail Program :)
8
9 Anyway, Horde is a good enterprise-scale system, and once setup can work
10 well, esp. with the range of other plug-in modules that go with Horde
11 (Contact Management, Time Management, Calender, etc.). But, there are
12 must easier systems to setup and use. Squirrelmail being one of them.
13
14 Unless you want something and big and as powerful (and as resource
15 hungry - I run it on a PII-450 with 128Mb RAM and it's not that
16 responsive) as Horde, I'd recommend something else.
19 Jonathan Wright ~ mail at djnauk.co.uk
20 ~ www.djnauk.co.uk
21 --
22 2.6.12-gentoo-r10-djnauk-b3 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Mobile CPU 1.80GHz
23 up 42 min, 1 user, load average: 0.16, 0.03, 0.08
24 --
25 "If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work:
26 'Hello. Can't work today, still queer.'"
27
28 ~ Robin Tyler
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list