From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New Install Problems with X
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 22:22:38
1 KIM WHALEN wrote:
2 > Yes, it looks like I'm using python 3. I change it to python2.6 and
3 > it looks like it's emerge'ing without errors. This should be
4 > mentioned in the install documentation. Now do I need to rebuild
5 > everything else, emerge --empty-tree, now that I switched python
6 > interpreters?
7 >
8 > # eselect python list
9 > Available Python interpreters:
10 > [1] python2.6
11 > [2] python3.1 *
12 >
13 > Thanks,
14 >
15 > --dhk
18 How did you get python3 enabled? It shouldn't be enabled. This from
19 the build:
20
21 WARNING!
22 Many Python modules have not been ported yet to Python 3.*.
23 Python 3 has not been activated and Python wrapper is still configured
24 to use Python 2.
25 You can manually activate Python 3.1 using `eselect python set python3.1`.
26 It is recommended to currently have Python wrapper configured to use
27 Python 2.
28 Having Python wrapper configured to use Python 3 is unsupported.
29
30 The last line is the important part.
31
32 Dale