From: Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, Daniel Salas Rodriguez <daniel.salas.r@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Steam is still BROKEN
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2018 17:43:06
1 Daniel Salas Rodriguez wrote:
2 > On 07/29/2018 09:34 AM, Alan Grimes wrote:
3 >> James Stevenson wrote:
4 >>> I've migrated all of my gaming over to GOG. I kept some of the x86_32
5 >>> libraries from ~/.local/share/steam incase I need to add them to the
6 >>> library path for launching some games but otherwise I've removed steam
7 >>> from my PC. I've also set my video drivers to 32b in my package.use
8 >>> but that's my whole setup.
9 >> I had been operating under the assumption that my windows machine was
10 >> the unstable platform and was preferentially selecting games that I
11 >> could run on Linux....
12 > Why would you assume that WIndows is the unstable one when every game is
13 > built with Windows as the first class citizen? Even if you are changing
14 > it every day it should be way better than running in Linux.
15
16 I believed the lies about open source and linux etc, even despite my
17 lived experience... Mostly because I hate Micro$oft to death...
18
19 =\
20
21 What in god's name are the linux ppl trying to build here?!?!?!
22
23 It's certainly not a stable, usable, and reliable operating system...
26 Please report bounces from this address to atg@×××××××××.com
27
28 Powers are not rights.