From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mail forwarder on LAN
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2018 02:04:01
1 On 12/23/18 5:07 PM, Grant Taylor wrote:
2 >
3 > [A] --- [B] --- === --- [C]
4 >
5 > A being the local server
6 > B being the new MTA
7 > C being the destination server
8 >
9 > --- network / IP route
10 > === VPN
13 This is correct. A is the voice vlan, the black box is the phone server
14 (which I am unable to add custom routes or new software packages to), B
15 is another vlan that has access through site-to-site vpn to C.
16
17 A needs to send to a mail server on C but it isn't a part of the
18 addressing required to traverse through the vpn.
19
20 Hence my thought of a mail forwarder.
21
22 I've never had to deal with a server in this manner before... needing to
23 go through a different vlan/vpn. Hence my thought of a mail relay.
24
25 I was messing with source and destination nat but because of the site
26 vpn addressing, and the phone server not being in that address range...
27 I'm pretty sure that's why it wasn't working.
28
29 Dan