From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Read-only access to a git repo
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2017 15:10:07
1 Hi,
2
3 I fear I have a severe case of too many trees in the way to see the forest.
4
5 I have a git server, it only runs git.
6 All the sysadmins have full access using ssh://, their keys are in git's
7 authorized_keys, the repos are owned git:git, MODE 770, etc etc, and it
8 works like it should.
9
10 I want an app to have read-only access to some repos, i.e. clone and
11 pull only. But they are not publicly accessible i.e. the app user must
12 be pre-authorized by me and have a public key. And for the life of me I
13 can't think how to do it!
14
15 Google is only giving me results about what fancy buttons to click in
16 GitHub and Gitlab... I know, my Google-fu sucks today.
19 Alan McKinnon
20 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com